28.5.10

PHOTOHARRIE


He studied photography. But, apart from being a photographer, he is a DJ, he has been one of the founder members of the art forum WENEED, he has been a rock star with Muna Grande, he has been a radio producer since the age of sixteen, and most likely we will see him again doing lots of different things because that's his concept. Doing everything he likes and enjoys. Unique and beautiful.


1. How did you decide to become a photographer?


"When my grandmother committed suicide. I was 9 years old. I still have her portrait to remind me of her. Photographs have power, they are stronger than death."


2. Name some photographers you admire.


"Nan Goldin, Ari Marcopoulos, Juergen Teller, Katy Grannan, Terry Richardson, Wolfgang Tillmans to name a few of them."


3. Which is the picture that you want to shoot but you haven’t done yet?


"I don't think like that. When I start a project or a shooting I have some icons in my head but I have always been driven by the given reality."


4. Apart from being a photographer, you’re also a DJ. How do these different things connect for you?


"Music and photography are my drugs. They are the things that make me lose my mind. I believe there's also a secret connection if you consider that photographers act like rockstars."


5. What kind of music do you usually play and why?


"I always play different things and styles, anything that seems interesting to me. It's a commotion of genres. I'd say nightmare pop describes best what it sounds like."


6. You were one of the founder members of the art forum “WENEED”. What happened with it?


"It started like a revolution, it ended like shit."


7. Would you call yourself an “artist”? How do you explain this word?


"I don't believe there are artists in the post modern era. We are all artists."


8. Name please five things you love and five things you hate about living in Athens.


"+ bars' working hours, chaos, friends, weather, scenery. - rudeness, chaos, duress, pr, price of the booze."


9. Where can we find you DJing at this period of time?


"I am a free bird for the summer. I'll play some times at Carousel bar but I havent planned anything else at the moment."


10. What are your future plans?


"I have to wake up early, buy some smokes, pay my bills, go to the gym."


11. What if Harrie was a color, a taste, a smell and an emotion? What would it be?


"Color : ash gray, taste : poisonous exotic fruit, smell : vetiver, emotion : relief after crying on a strong orgasm."


12. Finally, I would like to ask you for your top 5 of your favourite tracks.


"My top5 for the moment: M.I.A. - Born Free, R.O.M.A.N.C.E. - Art of Losing, How to Destroy Angels - The Space in Between, Phoenix Catscratch - H, Oppenheimer Analysis – Radiance."



Watch another Photoharrie interview by H.O.P.E. & Etten.

No comments: